Tweak of the Week (#2): Armour as Dice

mercredi 25 mars 2015

Introduction

This is a series of weekly threads with the intention of creating a compilation of tweaks and house-rules that exist to tackle some of the most problematic areas of the GURPS rules. For more information see Tweak of the Week (#0): Introduction and Gauging Interest. If you have any requests for topics to cover in this series, post them in that thread. Also, if you have any ideas for how the format of this series may be improved I'd appreciate it if you posted them there.



Last Thread: Tweak of the Week (#1): Strength and Damage



Armour as Dice

After feedback from last week, I've decided to break the weeks down into slightly more manageable chunks, so this week, we'll be looking at Armour as Dice.



Armour as Dice is simply a means of converting DR ratings to dice, these dice are then subtracted from the damage dice of an incoming attack. This helps to reduce the variability of armour penetration in GURPS, as well as streamline the interaction between armour and damage.



Essential Reading



Now I'm absolutely certain there's more on this that I haven't found, but I've lost far too much blood today, and I seem to have very little sensation to the left hand side of my body. So frankly I really can't be bothered. Though as always, if you're aware of more sources of information, make a post, and I'll add them to the list.



As far as discussion is concerned, I'm particularly interested in variants on Armour as Dice, and arguments for and against it's implementation.

Tweak of the Week (#2): Armour as Dice

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels