Advice for 250 point non-cinematic fantasy campaign.

jeudi 5 mars 2015

Hi all,



I personally really like fantasy realms, strange and interesting races, powerful magic, and dangerously fickle gods. Simultaneously I really like gritty, realistic settings, where combat is interesting and detailed. On top of this I like games where the PCs are really very competent, truly exceptional, 1/1,000 type people.



So here's my problem, I want to mix all those things together in one campaign. My gut tells me there are going to be problems with this, since I don't want PCs running around with Weapon Master, Heroic Archer, Trained By a Master, Power-Blow, etc., but I do want the PCs to be able to play powerful wizards, or inhuman races.



So I guess my questions are these: Are my concerns unfounded? If they're not, how might I get around any discrepancies? Finally, are there any little bits of advice you have for running a game in this style?



Currently I'm thinking of including The Last Gasp, Technical Grappling, Ritual Path Magic, all non-cinematic parts of Martial Arts, Focused Defences from Martial Arts - Gladiators, Delayed Gratification from Pyramid #3/52, and allowing Extra Effort in Combat since it's a lot more reasonable with The Last Gasp, plus most of the Ten Tweak to Customise Combat from Pyramid #3/34. Oh and various bits and pieces relating to magic (RPM, Thaumatology, various Pyramid #3/66). Is there anything else I might want to look at?

Advice for 250 point non-cinematic fantasy campaign.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels