"Cutscenes" In a tabletop rpg, a GM Sin or a quirk?

mardi 3 mars 2015

I figure I'd ask the experienced hivemind of the gurps forum what they thought about this since it a thing that been on my mind for awhile. One time I was playing dnd and we were having the pregame chatter. I forgot how it was brought up but the subject of the power of a critical hit came about and the dm who I am long estranged with mentioned the idea of a Tabletop version of cutscenes. The idea that no matter what you role the scene will play out normally like it "should". I disagreed but kept my mouth shut since I really did not want to argue at the time.



I myself understand that it is a valid thing a DM can do under Rule zero and some games outright encourage that like Paranoia but it always rubbed me the wrong way to do things like that. I don't know I just tend to think the reason you play a tabletop rpg as oppose to Bauldar Gate or Neverwinter Nights is the freedom you have when your not limited by the reality of programers being unable to give you infinite option and consequences for those actions. I don't know what are you're opinions, am I being unreasonable?

"Cutscenes" In a tabletop rpg, a GM Sin or a quirk?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels