Split of form Gencon thread

jeudi 26 mars 2015



Quote:








Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ (Post 1884492)

If I don't have the right say, "I won't serve members of religion X at my restaurant," would a king have the right to say, "I won't allow members of religion x into my country?"



Or do the rights that transcend private property also transcend the king's sovereignty?






The two are rather different things. TBH it really depends on what the King's sovereignty is based on. (as does how much value I ascribe to it).



In general I'd yes they transcend, but that simply because I don't value kings who would discriminate between who can live in their country by religion (but then I don't really care for king exercising authority full stop).



Or put it this way I support the rights of the private property owners (or store owners etc) in abstract more than I do the rights of sovereign rulers by birth in abstract.



But saying that I still would't let a store owners with hold service by religion.

Split of form Gencon thread

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels