Magic and indefinite spells

dimanche 26 avril 2015

Hi all, I am just starting my first GURPS dark fantasy game and have a question about Magic and spell maintance and how it affects play:
(My understanding may be flawed here so if I have got something wrong please let me know)
When mages/wizards maintain spells they reduce their maintance cost for having high skill. With skill of 15-19 they reduce the cost by 1, which means any maintained spell that only costs 1 is now free to maintain until they are no longer conscious (with a minus 1 penalty to other spells).

For my campaign I have 2 mages both with many spells of 15 (200 point builds) By raw they can maintain about 3-4 buffs all day with no problems, won't this mean the group will trounce any mundane threat I give them? In the one game I have run so far one of the mages layered up frost weapon, haste, armor and something else that escapes me at the moment, and was untouchable compared to the none magic characters and their skills. Am I doing something wrong, are mages just superior to other characters? Any advice would be highly welcome
Magic and indefinite spells

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels