[RPM, LT, DF] Enchanted Weapons and Armor

samedi 25 avril 2015

Originally posted in the wrong forum, because I am a derp.

------

I'm gearing up to run a GURPS-ified version of the Pathfinder Rise of the Runelords adventure path (yes, that again), although with a couple of twists. The twist pertinent to this thread is that it's using Ritual Path Magic instead of the vanilla variety, and in the course of working on it I realized "I don't know how to make enchanted arms and armor using RPM."

Fortunately, Christopher Rice's excellent Metatronic Generators article in Pyramid 3/46, combined with his equally excellent adaptation of it to RPM right here, does a great job at pointing me down the right track.

Unfortunately, it requires me to have even a remotely tolerable grasp of the powers-creation rules, which I don't possess.

I'm hoping to be able to throw out a couple of very simple examples for the hive mind to dissect just to make sure I'm not completely lost in what I'm doing here, so without further ado:


Plain Ol' Magical Knife
A Balanced, Very Fine, Ornate (+2) Long Knife with some extra oomph. Mini. $127,440. 1.5 lbs. Self-Powered.

Statistics: Innate Attack 1d (Impaling, with Cutting as an Alternate Ability) [9.4 Base]; Melee (Reach C,1 -20%; ST-Based +100%), Armor Divisor 2 (+50%), Magical (-10%) [20.68]
Basically a +1 Mail Tunic
Expertly-tailored Heavy Mail short hauberk (Torso only). Whoever it originally belonged to prized function over form, as it isn't decorated. Portable. $31,200. 15.3 lbs. Self-Powered.

Statistics: Damage Resistance 1 (Hardened 1 +20%, Torso Only -10%, Flexible -20%, Magical -10%) [4]

Critiques / ridicule welcome. Gotta learn this stuff somehow.
[RPM, LT, DF] Enchanted Weapons and Armor

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels