Using City Stats and Mass Combat Together

dimanche 5 avril 2015

Similarly to this thread, I'm in the process of spinning up a "Crusader Kings 2" kind of game where the characters are lords and have to run a domain. I too have been looking at the Pathfinder Kingdom Building rules, but I noticed they had very little reference about raising armies and the like. This ultimately led me to City Stats and the Military Resources stat in a city (which is going to be fine at the beginning, when the characters effectively have control of just one "city" but will be problematic down the road when they have control over entire counties or earldoms or duchies.)



Now, the Military Resource is determined by taking city monthly income x city population x military budget factor (which is derived by CR but is usually going to be around 1 or 2%.) In one of my tests, I derived a MR of $67,500 for a city.



With that in mind, I went to Mass Combat and determined that the Upkeep cost for 2 Units of Bowmen (16K), 3 Units of Light Infantry (24K), and 4 Units of Medium Infantry (24K) equal 64K, which is under the $67,500 MR per month.



So my question is really twofold:

  1. Did I do this correctly? I'm presuming that, since the MR is a monthly amount, any extra can be banked so I did not bother with really figuring Raise cost for these units (except ensuring they did not exceed the MR). Obviously, I did not include any logistics elements because...

  2. In City Stats p9, it is stated that "this can be treated as an overhead cost of 50% of the base cost for land logistics." Am I reading it correctly that logistics units in a city are 50% cheaper (which makes sense as they're going to have barracks and other buildings for this role.)



Using City Stats and Mass Combat Together

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels