Things in RPGs that make your brain hurt

mercredi 22 avril 2015

In Chivalry & Sorcery 1e (and 2e also) there was an Alchemy section with alchemical processes that produced products and byproducts. It was actually the byproducts that were most interesting to general mages.

The byproducts of the operations involving precious gems were magical diamonds, rubies, emeralds and sapphires each of 200 carats.

Way back in 1979 when I first saw it I thought "Isn't that rather large?" and I struggled wit some density calculations and converting carats to cubic centimeters.

I wouldn't have to do that today.

http://ift.tt/1DNzTzQ

Behold a _100_ carat diamond. Back in the day my mathematical struggles had ended up somewhere between "golfball" and "doorknob". I appear to have been pretty close.

However, if you wish to take in the full silliness you have to look at the rules for magic rings that used all _four_ of the Alchemist's stones.
A buckler shield maybe but not a ring.

Anyone else have some similar ecounters etwee rules ad reality?
Things in RPGs that make your brain hurt

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels