Fighting, Running, and so forth on a Slope

jeudi 23 avril 2015

Briefly, I'm designing a power that lets a character modify the pull of gravity for himself - basically, he can tilt gravity by up to 85 degrees, although only a 45 degree or so tilt is more likely. As a result, there's going to be a lot of cases where he'll be moving as if on a slope.

I've looked through several of my GURPS books, and the only real mention of doing things on a slope was from DF16, and that didn't really give me the information I needed. Is there a good GURPS treatment of running around on a slope anywhere?

If not, I see there being three considerations for slopes. First off, keeping your footing - a steep slope, or even a less intense one with slick ground, can make it very difficult to avoid faceplanting, particularly while moving around and fighting. At what angle should we start calling for DX/Acrobatics checks to avoid a fall while moving around, and what sort of bonuses/penalties should come into play?

The second consideration is moving up a slope. I saw a mention of this in Tbone's old GULLIVER rules, which ultimately came down to "You and your gear weigh more when moving uphill." Are there any further effects to consider?

The final consideration is moving down a slope. It seems to me that doing so should allow you to move faster than your normal Move, although doing so is likely to call for some Control Rolls. Any thoughts on how to handle this?
Fighting, Running, and so forth on a Slope

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels