DUNE shields

mercredi 25 février 2015

I found an old thread about this, but my proposed solution was not mentioned and I didn't want to necro a ten years old thread. Please merge if appropriate.



For those who don't know, Holtzman shields are force fields that block all fast-moving physical attacks (and offer no protection against slow attacks like strangling, wrestling, slow blade thrusts, etc.) - and also cause massive explosions if hit by an energy weapon.



I'd obviously drop the latter part, because in any campaign where beam weapons are available, such shields might well count as a disadavantage at best and a game breaker at worst.



I was thinking about Damage Resistance (Force Field +20%), but I ran into trouble with the limitation. DR limited to physical attacks is -20%, but that would include slow attacks, making it too broad. The next "level" (Common) is -40%, but restricts the DR to a specific type of damage, like cutting or crushing, or "a refinement of a “Very Common” category" which [i]sounds[\i] too narrow to me. So I'm torn between -25% and -30%. Or am I totally wrong and -40% is indeed the correct modifier?



Thank you for your feedback!

DUNE shields

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels