Merging the Standard and Threshold Magic Systems

vendredi 27 février 2015

Over on my blog I wrote a bit about this, but thought I'd post here and see what y'all thought. I'm thinking of merging the standard fatigue based magic system with Threshold-Limited Magery. The idea is that magic works like the default system, and casting will take a mage to NEAR exhaustion. But once a spell takes the mage down to 1 FP, further energy is charged to a Tally like the TLM. BUT mages have a ZERO point threshold, so any casting after they've burned down to 1 FP could cause a backlash. FP is removed normally, and Tally is reduced by 8 each morning.



I think this system takes the most interesting part of TLM (risking backlash for the ability to have "limitless" energy) and replaces the least interesting part of the FP based system (not being able to cast without passing out).



Thoughts?

Merging the Standard and Threshold Magic Systems

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels