My Paratrooper Template

jeudi 26 février 2015

Sorry for the crude way Google Drive seems to host images! Here's a template I put together using GURPS Workspace:



http://ift.tt/1vEMBjS



http://ift.tt/1y8pXfb



I'm still a bit unpracticed in the tool, so there are a few things missing: The HALO/HAHO technique, particularly (at level 2)



As is, with the HALO technique, I think it's 151 points (need a quirk to make that nice and even!), since I don't think Military Martial Arts are supposed to get a Familiarity Perk or anything like that.



Does this look right? This represents a paratrooper from roughly the late 1990's (specifically a GDI paratrooper set in the Tiberium Dawn universe). This represents what I suspect the most essential skills representing someone who got through whatever it takes for a person to become a paratrooper in the modern world (Basic, Infantry School, Jump School? No idea.)



Questions I have are:



* Is that too much Patron for this kind of trooper?

* Is "Enemy" really useful for soldiers? Sure, they have an enemy, but is it an Enemy?

* In the game's setting, GDI appears to have made the mistake of transitioning away from rifles like the M-16 to relying on the Calico SMG as their primary arm (for reasons never really explained). Thus, SMG is a major skill. But, since Guns are only ever at -2 within the typical SMG/Shotgun/Rifle/Pistol matrix, should I bother giving them more than just one GUN skill? (I'd expect rifle, since I'm assuming they're still going through basic using them)

* Did I miss any skills or anything?

* Am I actually pouring too much on there?

* Does this template basically already exist somewhere? I found some 3E stuff but I didn't feel like converting; same amount of time (or less) gets me a whole new one.



Any other tips, points, corrections, etc is also grand. My player and I have never done much modern, gun heavy stuff. We recently had a little Police v Gangster scuffle set in the SLA universe, but it was short and was never set up for any complexity (just pistols at short range). Thus, I'm setting this up to do a one-session mission where they're going in and extracting some high value scientists from the clutches of Nod...but first, I've got to make sure my templates are correct!



Thanks,



M.

My Paratrooper Template

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels