Any experience on running a Scarlet Pimpernel / French Revolution campaign?

vendredi 24 avril 2015

When our group gets out of the ice age we are heading in the midst of the French Revolution. (You got to love the GURPS library: when I told my wife that this awesome system lets us play whatever we want and she said she'd be interested in French Revolution, well, how about it!)

It will be some time before I actually get to plan the campaign as a.) our current one is still on the way and b.) I haven't been able to purchase the PDF yet. I tried to search for a thread that would have thoughts of this type of campaign, but as I couldn't find one, I thought I'd open this thread well beforehand.

So, what I'm asking is whether any of you have experience with a campaign based on the Scarlet Pimpernel book or otherwise set in the French Revolution? If so, I'd be really happy to hear any kind of thoughts: How did it go? What was most enjoyable? Were there any complications with skills/(dis)advantages/characters etc.? How was the book? Did you have any other material than the Scarlet Pimpernel book that you found useful? What aspects took extra planning and/or were the most rewarding to study beforehand? Do you have any interesting anecdotes to share?

I'm eager to hear any ideas. After my current campaign, when I get around planning this one (in a few months, most likely), I'll be using this same thread to ask settings-related questions that come up.

Vive la France! Ou vive le mouron rouge?
Any experience on running a Scarlet Pimpernel / French Revolution campaign?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels