How much "homework" are you willing to do for an RPG, as a player?

lundi 25 mai 2015

In the groups I play in, it's quite a lot, but I'm not sure how typical this is.

For games systems with big lists of spells or equipment, I've only rarely encountered players who weren't willing to spend time between games reading up on them, for stuff directly relevant to their characters.

Reading up the rules in general is fairly common, but you encounter people who don't see it as necessary, even if it would help them.

Thinking between sessions about the plot, or about specific problems raised in one session to be tackled in future sessions, is something that I've mostly encountered in my current groups, and I'm curious as to how common it is.

I'm ... willing to do quite a lot. Large amounts of relevant historical research, lots of time designing spells or magic items for games that allow players to do that, or writing stuff in-character. Indeed, I actively like it if a game allows me to do such things. I don't demand that they give benefits to my characters, being happy with an enriched experience, although I'll take benefits if they're going and don't upset the game.
How much "homework" are you willing to do for an RPG, as a player?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels