Psychometry and Retrocognition

samedi 21 février 2015

I'm worldbuilding for a setting of mine, and I've encountered a bit of a blockage in attempting to design a "seer" type character that can (sort of) see bits of both the future and the past. My issue is the Psychometry is explicit that it only applies to objects and places, and (unless I've just failed quite profoundly) Precognition doesn't have a more general counterpart. Basically, I'm trying to get an end result that functions similarly to Psychometry, but also works based on living/animate things. I'm also looking for a balanced way to convert Psychometry's IQ roll system to hew closely to Precognition's system of passive but automatic visions and deliberate but difficult visions.



This line of thought has also made me interested in how to build an exact opposite of Precognition. This isn't the same thing as what I'm looking to do with Psychometry, because it would allow visions that aren't direct history (such as Precognition's example of a vision of a place being caused by a picture of the place), and it wouldn't require physical things at all (Precognition can trigger visions entirely spontaneously, or based on non-tangible things such as stories). This is currently a curiosity project, but it's one that I'll probably want to use for other things anyway (it's also another potential path to my desired result, by building a general Retrocognition trait, and then limiting it).



Have any of you developed workarounds for Psychometry or entirely new Retrocognition traits? Are there RAW methods that I've missed?



(This thread would obviously love a visit from Kromm, PK, or other major purveyors of the Rules As Written.)

Psychometry and Retrocognition

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels