I suck at names. Help?

vendredi 1 mai 2015

I seem to have this block when it comes to names. More accurately, when it comes to naming people and especially places in my fantasy setting.

What I'm looking for is a name for the Western Europe counterpart in my Renaissance Fantasy Muskets-and-Magery setting, as well as a name for the setting itself and the continent. I currently have "Caere Region", "Ranoc", and "Aedes" for these, respectively, but those are basically placeholders; I've never been satisfied with them. It's been almost 15 years since I started on this world, and the names still bug me.

I could also use some names for the oceans; "Western Ocean", "Inner Ocean", and "Eastern Ocean" aren't cutting it at all.

The other regions aren't quite so bad: Allira'el for the Atlantis counterpart, Umoja for the southern continent (primarily reptiles), Gemenohee for the Americas counterpart, Rochlad for a Slavic/Ukraine/Mongol region, Vast Expanse for a desert, Gehong for the China counterpart, Wyrmspire Mountains, Barrier Mountains, etc.

I also find some of the names of my gods in the Greco-Roman counterpart pantheon to not work: Galsus for Zeus/Jupiter, Golma for Hades/Pluto, Ryl for Athene/Diana, Barsus for the merchant. Hannass for Demeter/Ceres.

Thoughts?
I suck at names. Help?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels