Rory's Story Cubes

mardi 5 mai 2015

I'm a bit of a dice w****, so when I was in a Kroger's grocery store last week and saw some story dice in the game section I had to pick up a set*. I have one story deck (Destiny Deck) but no story dice.

The version I picked up comes with nine 6-sided dice with a dice bag. The instructions are minimal and more aimed entertaining children then creating stories for role-playing games or for adults.

One problem is that there is no list of icon meanings so it can be hard to decide what the icon actually represents in some cases. There can also be overlap between two or more dice with undefined icons. While all this makes sense for children to create stories it does not work as well for creating an RPG scenario.

Overall, it has more depth than my old oop Destiny Deck but needs some work for gaming.

* they also had the Voyages, but not Action, version of the Rory's Story Cubes. They also had story dice from another company covering Scooby-Doo and Hello Kitty (!!!) Which were also sets of nine six-sided dice.
Rory's Story Cubes

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels