[RPM] Impermanent Healing?

dimanche 22 février 2015



Quote:








Originally Posted by PK (Post 1506419)

In general, if you use a Restore effect to return someone to their original state, it's a permanent effect. (As always, this is covered in better detail in the RPM book.) Otherwise, healing spells would be meaningless.




Well, not meaningless... but I can see some issues with it...



[cue segue]



So I'm planning a campaign and a Player asked me a question while we were out eating (and thus I was away from books):



"How long of a duration do I need to put on a healing spell for it to be 'permanent'? Or at least so the person can heal up 'enough' that when the spell drops they'll be okay?"



I blinked a few times, gave a moments thought, and responded, "I'm pretty sure there is a healing spell example write up, so that should cover it. If not I'll give it some thought."



The question sprang from his understanding that all RPM was impermanent, and baring Healing, it is. So naturally he just assumed Healing was also temporary.







So the premise of this thread is if I were to make Healing also temporary (thus requiring a duration) and made it a "hold the person together while the 'body naturally' heals" thing rather than a "PRESTO! You're cured!"...



What are the drawbacks? (Besides more paperwork on my end)

- and -

What can be done to make it work? (I've got a few ideas kicking around but haven't done any real math or deep thinkin on them)



No ideas are bad ideas, so fire away!

[RPM] Impermanent Healing?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels